“THE TRUE CHRISTIAN WILL PERSEVERE IN THE FAITH” Back to all sermons
SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
- In our study of the book of Colossians we considered our spiritual standing before God prior to Him bestowing upon us the grace of salvation and our present spiritual standing in Christ. Using the following verses briefly describe your life before and after God saved you. (1:13; 21-22)
- In verse 22, we learned that Jesus will present us to God on the last day as holy, blameless, and above reproach. Define each of these terms.
- Why can we be assured that Jesus will accomplish the above? (Philippians 1:6; Hebrews 12:2; Romans 8:29-30; John 6:44, 10:28-30;)
- In verse 23, Paul indicates that continuance or perseverance in the faith is a necessary condition that must be met for one to be presented before God as holy, blameless, and above reproach. Discuss the statement, “continuance in the faith is not the cause of salvation but the necessary fruit or evidence of true saving faith.”
- Continuance in the faith entails not only continued faith in Christ alone for salvation but living your life in obedience to God’s word. Consider the following verses which describe God’s word as “the faith.” (Jude 3; 1 Corinthians 16:13; 2 Timothy 4:7)
- The apostle John in his first epistle gives 3 tests or examinations to determine if you are truly in the faith. Discuss each!
- The Doctrinal Test: What do I Believe! (1 John 2:18-21)
- The Moral Test: How do I Live! (1 John 2:3-6)
- The Social Test: How do I Love! (1 John 3:7-11)