SERMON #5: “TWO KINGDOMS: THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS AND THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST” Back to all sermons
SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- What does Paul mean when he writes that the Father has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints? (Colossians 1:12)
- What did Pastor Dave mean when he said, “Everyone who is born into this world is born into it physically alive but spiritually dead”? (Ephesians 2:1-5)
- Two flawed gospel presentations were given: That of a man who is drowning and only needs to reach out and grasp the life ring (the gospel) and that of a man who is on his deathbed who simply needs to open his mouth and take the life-saving medicine (the gospel). Why do these illustrations fall short of what takes place at salvation? Keep in mind your answer to Question 2.
- In connection to the preceding question, why must regeneration precede faith if one is to be saved?
- Contrast the differences between belonging to the rule and reign of darkness (the kingdom of Satan and this world) and belonging to the kingdom of Christ where He rules and reigns over your life.
- What act of God’s sovereign love did He perform to secure the “redemption” of all those whom He would give as an eternal gift to Jesus? Redemption has been defined as “deliverance through the payment of a price”.
- How does knowing that you have been forgiven by the very God whom you have sinned against encourage you to persevere in the faith? Consider these passages in your answer: Psalm 103:10-12; Psalm 130:3-4; Isaiah 1:18; Isaiah 43:25; 1 John 1:9.
- Take a moment to reflect upon the awesome love of God in bestowing upon you, a sinner, the grace of salvation which sets you free from the power and bondage of sin with its pending eternal condemnation and has transferred you into His covenant family, making you a joint heir with Jesus Christ, destined to enjoy the eternal new heavens and the new earth to come.