SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- Judges 2:10 states that a generation grew up that “neither knew the Lord nor what He had done for Israel”. What fundamental responsibilities had been neglected in Israel (see also Judges 17:1-5)? How might the warning of Judges impact your response to the next generation?
- Why do subtle shifts from the teaching of God’s Word inevitably lead to false worship/religion? Consider Paul’s statement in Galatians 1:6-10 about a different gospel.
- Why are attempts to innovate and modify worship so tempting to us?
- Why was worship among the Canaanite culture important and why was it described as sacred prostitution? How does the description of our sin as spiritual prostitution impact the way in which you view your own sin?
- How does God’s anger display His faithfulness to His promises? How might you communicate the faithfulness of God to someone who is concerned about God’s anger?
- How can the church heed the warning of Judges and live in our culture and not become like our culture?