SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- How quickly the spiritual victories of previous generations are lost through disobedience. How deadly is one small act of partial obedience. Are there any sins in your life that you take too lightly? Where possible, share with the group and pray for one another?
- It would have been easy for Deborah to grow impatient with God’s timing or the role that He had given her. It would have been easy for her to take things into her own hands. Are you ever tempted to do things your way instead of God’s way? Do you ever find it difficult to wait on the Lord’s timing? How does Deborah’s example encourage you?
- According to Hebrews 11, we are to imitate Barak’s faith. What elements of his faith do you find the most challenging and encouraging?
- What mighty deliverances has God won for you? Do you tend to take them for granted or do they stir you to genuine praise?
- Do you genuinely and earnestly long for the victory of Christ’s Kingdom? How does that affect your view of Christ’s allies? How about His enemies?
- Are there times you can look back on when you have taken a risk in obeying the Lord and found Him providing what you need as you do so? Are there ways in which you are/should be doing that now? Explain.
- How does it encourage or humble you to know that God works through flawed people?