SERMON #1: “BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO WALK IN HUMILITY” Back to all sermons
Sermon Application Questions
- Why the title, “Principles of Kingdom Living”?
- Explain how the kingdom of heaven can be described as both "present" and "future".
- The kingdom of heaven refers to the _________ and _________ of Christ over His church.
- Why is the teaching, “you can trust in Jesus Christ as Savior but not Lord”, silenced by the Sermon on the Mount?
- It has been stated that if one does not manifest the Christ-like virtues mentioned in the Beatitudes then he does not belong to the kingdom of heaven and therefore is not truly saved. Why does such a statement not contradict the teaching that salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone apart from the works of the law? See 2 Corinthians 5:17 for help with your answer.
- When it comes to the Beatitudes, Pastor Dave said it was an all or nothing proposition. He used the teaching of the Fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23 to support this claim. Explain why all of these Christ-like virtues must be evident in your life and why you can't pick and choose.
- Why is the translation, "Blessed are" to be preferred over "Happy are"?
- Describe what "poverty of spirit" looks like and what is its greatest enemy?
- What happens after heaven?
- What reward is offered for desiring righteousness, and describe what it means to "hunger and thirst for righteousness?